Metropolitan Swimming - Help Wanted
Last update: 3-8-2018
Gael Aquatic Club (GAEL-MR)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Report Annually to the head coach
· Assist and prepare promotional brochures for program
· Assist maintain aquatic club web site
· Assist and promote club through local media outlets
· Assist publish monthly calendars and newsletters and coordinate operational dates within pool and department schedules
· Keep attendance and operational records as directed by head coach
· Comply and keep current needed operational aquatic certifications
· Assist with coordinate schedules with intercollegiate coaches
· Keep area safe and clean
Required Experience: Education: B.S. degree required from a recognized college or university completed or in progress.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of swimming and diving coaching experience.
Specialized Skills: Experience coaching at the college, high school or equivalent club level; meet management background; computer skills including Word, Excel and Hy-Tek software and competitive background. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Competence in leadership, and decision making. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong initiative, detail and follow up skills with students athletes and staff members. Demonstrates professional image on and off the field. Skills in counseling, and mentoring athletes.
Physical Requirements: Work is performed in a coaching, athletic, competitive indoor environment. Must be in excellent physical health to handle fast pace environment. Able to work in hot, humid weather and stand for long, extended periods of time. Ability to drive to events.
About Us: Iona College, a highly accredited liberal arts institution of academic excellence, seeks to grow our diverse community of learners, scholars and staff located at our scenic 45-acre campus in New Rochelle, just 20 minutes north of midtown Manhattan, and at our satellite program at Rockefeller Center. At Iona we are committed to educating lifelong learners in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education. We prepare our 3,300 undergraduates and 600 graduate students with career-ready skills and success in all facets of their lives by nurturing the values of justice, peace and service. Our continued success depends on attracting and retaining a highly motivated, results-oriented and talented team. Learn more about what makes us unique: review our Mission, Vision & Values, our stories in the media and our compelling benefits. Join the Iona College team and partner with us as we Move the World!
Iona College is committed to attracting and supporting a staff and faculty of women and men that fully represents the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of the nation and our institution; as a result, we actively seek applications from individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs.
Empire Swimming (EAST-MR) is looking for an assistant coach to perform normal duties associated with practice and meet sessions of a competitive age group and senior swimming program. Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume listing relevant experience and qualifications, and three swimming related references to Ilan Noach at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Long Beach Aquatics (LBA-MR) is seeking an assistant coach for our developmental age groups ages 9-13. Our program has experienced significant growth and we are looking for a highly motivated, experience, well-organized, and enthusiastic individual coach to assist in developing our young athletes into top competitors. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well with athletes, parents, and the other coaches.
Team practices are held 4 days a week (Approx. 10 hours a week with more available on the dry side). Swim meets are approximately once a month. Candidates must attain USA Swimming Coaches certification, Coaches Safety Training, CPR & First Aid and pass USA Swimming background check prior to starting duties on deck.
To apply please contact Kelly Ullrich at email@example.com
Roosevelt Island Swim Team (RIST-MR) is looking for a Head Coach. Roosevelt Island Marlins Swim Club, a not-for-profit, Board-governed organization, is looking for a dynamic, passionate, high quality, professional Head Swim Coach to lead, inspire, mentor, and develop our young swimmers. The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of swim operations in a swim club that includes both learn-to-swim and competitive swim elements with approximately 200-250 memberships. The club, by nature, is inclusive and diverse and views each swim component of the club equally important, and as a natural continuum whereby swimmers have the opportunity to learn to swim and progress naturally to competitive swimming should they choose.
The Roosevelt Island Marlins Swim Club is in an exciting period of growth and rebuilding. We believe the Head Coach plays a pivotal role in developing a positive culture whereby all swimmers feel equally valued. Swim programs are developed and designed to offer clear objectives to empower swimmers and staff. We believe a strong Head Coach should be able to build strong individual and team unity and values that can be carried through life, whilst also challenging swimmers to work hard to achieve their individual swim goals in a fulfilling and engaging environment.
The club enjoys the use of the recently renovated six lane pool at Sportspark swimming pool facility on Roosevelt Island, that includes both indoor and outdoor space for dryland training.
The Head Coach reports to the Board of Directors, however in an optimal state with club swim operations alignment, the Head Coach will have reasonable autonomy.
• Responsible to the Board for overall swim operations, standards, and discipline in accordance with Club bylaws. Key advisor to the Board on all matters concerning swim operations.
• Design and develop a swim philosophy, program, and classes that best meets the Club’s stated mission and objectives contained within bylaws, but also develop inspiring and motivational individual and class goals for each component of the club.
• Oversight of all swim operations at the club including regulatory compliance, safety, discipline, ensuring an effective, efficient swim staff roster,
• Serve as coach to the Seniors group and provide support and guidance to all coaches and swimmers in the competitive Swim Team, as well as attending swim meets.
• Provide coach/instructor mentorship, training, and development opportunities and be responsible for oversight and standards of all levels of coaching and training groups across the club.
• Ensure that all swim class programs are synchronized to adequately prepare swimmers to successfully advance and transition to each higher level.
• Work with the Board to develop annual swim operations budget and forecast expenditure.
• Plan and organize annual swim calendar including targeted swim meets (on average one per month during regular season Fall, Winter, Spring), swimmer bonding and development activities as well as family engagement opportunities.
• Swim meet selection, planning and registration, including swimmer and club registrations with USA Swimming. Maintain team statistics.
• Ensure regulatory swim/pool operation compliance in accordance with NYS Safety & Health regulations, Pool Facility general rules, Club bylaws.
• Promotion of the team locally and within NY Metro Swimming and USA Swimming.
• Maintain records, rosters, spreadsheets, coach's certifications, meet participations.
• Drafts newsletter and articles for website, social media, and local newspaper.
• Communicates to all parent and swimmer inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
• Organizing club fund raising activities and volunteers various calendar activities.
• Developing a sense of community, culture and loyalty amongst our membership.
• Create an environment where individual athletes work as a team to promote positive influences, to embrace empathy, to grow confidence, to practice good sportsmanship, to instill hope and courage within each other.
• Conduct monthly staff meeting – training, mentorship, evaluation of performance, review any membership feedback, constantly strive to improve.
• Undertake additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Qualiﬁcations: 3+ years of proven experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a Metropolitan Swimming and USA Swimming affiliated club;
• ASCA Level 2 certiﬁcation or above strongly preferred;
• Clear understanding of youth development stages and mitigation measures for burnout risk.
• Proven experience in leadership, mentoring and uniting coaching/swim staﬀ and creating a strong club culture, standards, and values.
• All certiﬁcations must be current and in good standing with USA Swimming or required prior to starting; Solid knowledge of stroke theory and training physiology;
• Clear and concise swim philosophy and proven success coaching, motivating and inspiring swimmers at all levels, from developmental through regional and national level.
• Proven capability to develop talent at all levels.
• Excellent communication skills, demonstrated open-mindedness and ability to develop a positive rapport with swimmers, swim staff, Board of Directors and parents.
• Maturity in conflict resolution, must be a team player and have the ability to support and assist other swim staff.
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with other NY Metro Clubs, USA Swimming and other relevant organizations.
• Experience using Team Unify software and comfort using Google Sheets is a plus.
• All appropriate and valid Licenses / Certifications / Registrations for USA Swimming, ASCA:
• Valid background check from USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coaching requirements.
• ASCA Level 2-3 Certification.
• Current Member of ASCA and USA Swimming.
• Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certifications.
• Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid.
• Red Cross CPR-PR/AED.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not essential.
• Must be available to work flexible hours on weekday afternoons/evenings and weekends.
Start Date.The Head Coach vacancy is open now, however there is flexibility on a start date for the right candidate including waiting for existing commitments they may have through to the end of the current season.
Please submit resume, including coaching philosophy, work history, coaching achievements, level of coaching, names of at least three (3) references and referees and their contact details and salary range expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is 4 March 2019.
The Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester, located in Mount Kisco, is seeking a part-time Coach for our Marlins Masters Swim Team. Experience coaching or teaching adults is preferred. This is an hourly, part-time position. Practices are Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm. Potential to work weekend practices and meets as well.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a grass roots program. We offer a spacious 8 lane x 25 yard pool with a state of the art UV filtration system.
Candidates must be team players, flexible, dependable and motivated. Lifeguard, CPR and AED certifications required. ASCA certification preferred. Pay rate: $25-$30 per hour Depending on qualifications. Interested coaches should submit a resume to Eric Mitchell at email@example.com
Phoenix Aquatic Club (PAC-MR) seeks Coaches and Swim Instructors. The Phoenix Aquatic Swim Team is currently looking for qualified part-time coaches and swim instructors. PAC is a competitive year-round program with swimmers ages 6-18 that compete in USA sanctioned meets. The ideal candidates should have at least 2-3 years coaching experience or swim instruction, preferably at the age group level, or have a competitive swimming background. The successful candidate is highly committed to the development of the athlete, both in and out of the pool. PAC is looking for motivated coaches/instructors that are passionate about working with children in the area of swimming. We are looking for upbeat individuals that can create a fun environment for the swimmers.
Required certifications: ARC Swim Coach Safety Training, Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid.
Location: HNA Palisade Conference Center, Felix Festa West Nyack and Stonybrook Pool in Hillsdale (summers only)
Approx. 10 hours per week, schedule will vary
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6:45-8:00 PM - Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00-10:00 PM - Saturday Noon – 1:30 PM and 6:00-8:00 PM - Weekend Monthly Meets: 1 to 2 per month
Coaching Rate: Depending on experience and position
Swim Instructors: $25 per hour
Send Resume to Head Coach Don Wagner, Director of Competitive Aquatics, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins Swim Team (YFD-MR), located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, is seeking an assistant coach for our top 11-13 age group. Our program has experienced significant growth and we are looking for a highly motivated, experience, well-organized, and enthusiastic individual coach to assist in developing our young athletes into top competitors. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well with athletes, parents, and the other coaches. The individual’s experience should illustrate exceptional management communication and motivational skills, team-building and community involvement. The candidate should be able to provide relevant examples of teaching quality technique as well as have a track record of producing well-rounded swimmers.
Team practices are held Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 6:00 & 8:00pm, Saturday 3:00-5:00pm and Sunday 6:00-8:00am. Swim meets are approximately once a month. Candidates must attain USA Swimming Coaches certification, Coaches Safety Training, CPR & First Aid and pass USA Swimming background check prior to starting duties on deck.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume, with Swim Coach as the subject heading, to Associate Director of Aquatics Amine Boubsis at email@example.com.
92nd Street Y is located at 1395 Lexington Avenue. New York, NY 10128. This is a part time position and includes May Center Gym Membership. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Team information can be found at Ma href="http://www.flyingdolphinsswimteam.com">www.flyingdolphinsswimteam.com.
Condors Swim Club (COND-MR) is seeking a part-time Assistant Coach, for both our Mark Twain location in Yonkers, NY and our Westchester location in Valhalla, NY.
Both locations have a wide range of swimmers, from beginner all the way up to National Team Member and Team USA member for the World University Games. Qualified applicants will work directly with Head Coach to maintain a competitive and supportive environment for young athletes. Applicant must have competitive coaching experience and be willing to work weeknights and meets on occasional weekends. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of stroke technique and mechanics, appropriate developmental processes, and endurance training.
The job will entail leading and assisting groups, collaborating with head coach, writing workouts, attending USA swimming meets, and communicating effectively with parents. The Condors Swim Club also has a continuing Coaches Education program that includes such things as stipends to attend coaching clinics. Candidates should be up to date with USA Swimming certifications but these can be obtained upon hire. This is a part-time position, and pay will be commensurate with experience.
If interested in a position, please email resume and references to Westchester Locations Head Coach Jon Hulbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.