Metropolitan Swimming - Help Wanted
Last update: 12-12-2018
Phoenix Aquatic Club (PAC-MR) seeks Coaches and Swim Instructors. The Phoenix Aquatic Swim Team is currently looking for qualified part-time coaches and swim instructors. PAC is a competitive year-round program with swimmers ages 6-18 that compete in USA sanctioned meets. The ideal candidates should have at least 2-3 years coaching experience or swim instruction, preferably at the age group level, or have a competitive swimming background. The successful candidate is highly committed to the development of the athlete, both in and out of the pool. PAC is looking for motivated coaches/instructors that are passionate about working with children in the area of swimming. We are looking for upbeat individuals that can create a fun environment for the swimmers.
Required certifications: ARC Swim Coach Safety Training, Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid.
Location: HNA Palisade Conference Center, Felix Festa West Nyack and Stonybrook Pool in Hillsdale (summers only)
Approx. 10 hours per week, schedule will vary
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6:45-8:00 PM - Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00-10:00 PM - Saturday Noon – 1:30 PM and 6:00-8:00 PM - Weekend Monthly Meets: 1 to 2 per month
Coaching Rate: Depending on experience and position
Swim Instructors: $25 per hour
Send Resume to Head Coach Don Wagner, Director of Competitive Aquatics, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
92nd Street Y Flying Dolphins Swim Team (YFD-MR), located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, is seeking an assistant coach for our top 11-13 age group. Our program has experienced significant growth and we are looking for a highly motivated, experience, well-organized, and enthusiastic individual coach to assist in developing our young athletes into top competitors. The successful candidate will have the ability to work well with athletes, parents, and the other coaches. The individual’s experience should illustrate exceptional management communication and motivational skills, team-building and community involvement. The candidate should be able to provide relevant examples of teaching quality technique as well as have a track record of producing well-rounded swimmers.
Team practices are held Tuesday through Friday between the hours of 6:00 & 8:00pm, Saturday 3:00-5:00pm and Sunday 6:00-8:00am. Swim meets are approximately once a month. Candidates must attain USA Swimming Coaches certification, Coaches Safety Training, CPR & First Aid and pass USA Swimming background check prior to starting duties on deck.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume, with Swim Coach as the subject heading, to Associate Director of Aquatics Amine Boubsis at email@example.com.
92nd Street Y is located at 1395 Lexington Avenue. New York, NY 10128. This is a part time position and includes May Center Gym Membership. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Team information can be found at Ma href="http://www.flyingdolphinsswimteam.com">www.flyingdolphinsswimteam.com.
Condors Swim Club (COND-MR) is seeking a part-time Assistant Coach, for both our Mark Twain location in Yonkers, NY and our Westchester location in Valhalla, NY.
Both locations have a wide range of swimmers, from beginner all the way up to National Team Member and Team USA member for the World University Games. Qualified applicants will work directly with Head Coach to maintain a competitive and supportive environment for young athletes. Applicant must have competitive coaching experience and be willing to work weeknights and meets on occasional weekends. Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of stroke technique and mechanics, appropriate developmental processes, and endurance training.
The job will entail leading and assisting groups, collaborating with head coach, writing workouts, attending USA swimming meets, and communicating effectively with parents. The Condors Swim Club also has a continuing Coaches Education program that includes such things as stipends to attend coaching clinics. Candidates should be up to date with USA Swimming certifications but these can be obtained upon hire. This is a part-time position, and pay will be commensurate with experience.
If interested in a position, please email resume and references to Westchester Locations Head Coach Jon Hulbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brooklyn College Bulldogs is looking for Head Coach.
The Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester Marlins (BGNW-MR) train in an 8 lane 25 yard pool in Mt. Kisco, NY. The BGNW Marlins have an immediate opening for a part-time Age Group/Assistant Coach for our Novice and 8 & under groups. This position requires both on deck coaching (10-15 hours a week) and 1-2 weekend meets per month.
Desired Qualifications for Age Group Coach:
• 2 + years coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
• Current USA Swimming Coach Certifications
• Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with swimmers and parents
• Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
• Expertise with technique development and training
• Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
• Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication
We offer competitive pay and compensation will be commensurate with experience. To find out more about our swim club, please visit our website www.bgnwmarlins.com
How To Apply:
Application Deadline: Friday, September 21, 2018. Please email a cover letter, resume and references to Head Coach Zac Hojnacki at email@example.com
Delaware Valley Water Moccasins (DVWM) is looking for Swim Coaches - Monday-Thursday evenings and Saturday afternoons November through March. The DV Water Moccasins Swim Team Board of Directors is soliciting resumes for Age Group Swim Coaches. The DV Mocs are part of the NEPAGSL and Metro USA. We are located in Milford, PA. The NEPAGSL/USA swim season runs from Nov to March. The DV Mocs is a developmental and instructional competitive swim program, focusing on technique and skills necessary for age group swimmers (5-14) to grow into the sport. Our perspective coaches should be a High School graduate and have aquatic instructional experience, and a competitive swimming background. Coaches must be available for evening practices Mon-Thurs, 3 shifts 5:30-6:30, 5:30-7:30 and 6:30-8:30 are avaiable, and NEPAGSL Saturday swim meets running the first week in Dec to the first week in March. Coaches will be required to develop practice plans, run swim practices and lead swim meets. We also offer more opportunities to coach in Spring, Summer and Fall. Coaches will be expected to interact and communicate professionally and politely with swimmers, parents, coaches, officials and the governing Board of Directors. The coaching staff will work in a team environment, presenting consistent and current techniques for competitive swimming. Under the direction of the Head Coach Kenny Kleso, a season plan for progressive instruction, training, techniques and goals will be developed. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, skill set and certifications.
Interested candidates should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Greater New York is looking for Lifeguards. Job description
The YMCA of Greater New York is looking for Swim Instructors. Job description
Roosevelt Island Swim Team Marlins (RIST-MR) is looking for Head Coach.
1. General Summary The RI Marlins Swim Team is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing affordable swim instruction to island residents of all ages. A second aim of our organization to provide an opportunity for qualified swimmers to participate in swim meets throughout the New York City and State. We are a member group of USA swimming and our Local Swimming Committee (LSC) is Metropolitan Swimming.
We strive to teach children to be successful swimmers through the mastery of aquatics as their self-confidence, concentration, and discipline improve. Our practice philosophy is to focus on developing physical fitness, athleticism, and an athlete’s mindset while maintaining detailed stroke work as crucial part of everyday practice. The Roosevelt Island Marlins Swim Team trains in 25-yard, 6 lanes pool. The Senior group will have access to the pool 7 times a week, in total 12-14 hours of practice. Currently the club consists of 50 athletes. The Senior group has several Zone qualifiers and few Sectional qualifiers.
2. Job Description The Roosevelt Island Marlins Swim Team is looking for an experienced, committed, and organized Head Coach to coach primarily the Senior group of competitive athletes and to shape the expansion and growth of our club and business. The club needs a Head Coach who will provide a strong leadership. This salary based position offers the opportunity to build a strong team, to create and maintain a program where every athlete will excel mentally, technically, and physically. The Head Coach will directly report to the Board of directors and will be responsible for managing the coaching staff, directly educate, supervise and oversee the age group program. Attend swim meets and LSC meetings. Handles the admin work such as emails, meet entries, athlete education program, and the website updates (records, results, team news, media). We are looking for a candidate who can grow, and become an integral part of our organization in this exciting time of expansion.
3. Working Hours Pool Hours: 18-20 hours per week including weekend practices. Admin Hours: 8-16 hours per week including workout preparation, planning and other admin tasks.
4 Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• ASCA level 3 (preferred) level 4 encouraged to apply
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is a plus
• Annual Coaches registration and certification with USA Swimming
• 5 years’ experience as a Competitive Swim Coach preferred
• Display a sense of urgency for the development of the athletes and the program every day
• Insist on certain aspects of training while maintaining a friendly and positive demeanor
• Effective presentation, teaching, communication, and customer service skills
• Display a respectful and professional appearance
5 Preferred Qualifications · Technological know-how a plus · Marketing skills a plus · Experienced in TeamUnify and Hytek management platform a plus
6 Compensation This is a salaried full-time position. A competitive salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
To Apply, please email us your resume and two professional references, in PDF or Word format, to Rimarlins@gmail.com.